The Insider’s Guide to Making the Most at ASAPS
I lived in San Francisco (only tourists call it “Frisco” or “San Fran”) for over 10 years. During that time I had the pleasure of enjoying much the city has to offer–fine dining, cheap eats, local hangouts, tourist traps, and much more. It is nearly impossible to narrow any list down to things that you must do while there, but if you only have limited time during your time at The Aesthetic Meeting 2014, here are my suggestions:
1. Beach Blanket Babylon: This San Francisco themed musical/comedy/vaudevillian style show has been running for 40 year for good reason. It is great!
2. Tadich Grill: Great food and great waiters. They don’t take reservations, so get there early.
3. Ride a Cable Car. Don’t miss this. You can catch one at the Powell St. Station—just a few blocks from Moscone Center.
4. Ghirardelli Square: The Powell/Hyde Cable Car will drop you right here. Sample the chocolate, have an old-fashioned ice cream sundae, and take in the views of San Francisco Bay. It is also very close to Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39 if you want to put on your tourist hat.
5. Union Square: Centrally located in downtown San Francisco, this area offers shopping for all tastes. It is very walkable, and there are some great restaurants close by, including Postrio and Café Claude.